It can be an unnerving thought, travelling down the canal for the first time. However, you’ll be pleased to know that it isn't difficult and your in safe hands as we are British Marine Federation accredited for Hire Boat Instruction & Handover Procedures.We will take exceptional care to make sure that you receive all the training required in order for you and your crew to feel comfortable and safe. The training begins at home when you receive your information pack - plenty to read and watch so that you are ready for the start of your holiday.
The majority of the training is actually done on your boat as you start your holiday. We take great pleasure in personally welcoming you aboard our modern, clean and well-maintained boats.
On your boat, you will find a comprehensive Boat Manual with Guide Books and of course a welcome pack of complimentary toiletries, a fruit basket and complimentary biscuits, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar & milk. We’ve also included a box of complementary duck food as well !!For safety, free life-jackets are issued to children, non-swimmers and anyone else who requests them.
Check what our hirers are saying about us on the Testimonials Page...
1. A few weeks before your narrowboat hire holiday we send you an Information Pack. This will contain:
– The Canal & River Trust Boater's handbook on DVD and a link to download the Boater's Handbook.
– Our holiday guide with details of your boat, arrival information, inventory and everything you need to know for your hire.
– Our route companion describing the waterways you will travel.
2. At the start of your holiday, we brief you on the boat, the waterway and canal etiquette.3. We show you around your narrowboat, explain how it works and tell you about any daily checks that need to be made.
4. Before leaving you to enjoy your holiday we ask you to sign a Handover Certificate to confirm that you're happy with our instructions and briefing.
5. Then off you go to enjoy your holiday - (accompanied by us if required to help and guide you).